22 February 2009

O, What Joy To Be Over-Hung

(Ugh. Forgive my brevity here; I'm a bit tired and hung over. But thanks again for the party, L.S-A.!)

First up: Who would've thought Rick Santorum would make an ass of himself?

Second: Folks who know me in person might recall how I've got the heart of a champion when it comes to mis-hearing lyrics of popular songs. And by "popular," I mean songs to which everyone has known the proper lyrics for many many years. (My classic example, from Simon & Garfunkel: "Cecelia, you're breakin' my heart / You're shakin' my cock with your steak leaf," which I am utterly powerless to explain.)

Well, someone recently crafted this video:



And I just handed my lyrics-mis-hearing crown to him.

...And now I'm off, to brew more tea, stare at the dishes in the sink, and resume shaking my fist about Friday night's Battlestar Galactica (which I missed) not being available through OnDemand yet. Damn you, Comcast!

(Hat tip to Gawker for the elf vid, and to my librarian for pointing it out.)

1 comment: