19 February 2009

Meat...and an Earworm

I'm something of a fan of LoadingReadyRun, a collective of young British-Columbians who serve up weekly doses of home-grown sketch comedy. One of their quasi-regular features is Man Cooking, which I can only assume is a response to the proliferation of such fleshy horrors as the Bacon Explosion and the ubiquitous Turducken.

Their most recent installment of Man Cooking, which I find myself powerless to stop watching, is the fascinating, troubling Swiss Meat Roll:



Astute viewers might catch a reference to the capture of the Brain Bug in Paul Verhoeven's confusingly kick-ass film adaptation of Heinlein's Starship Troopers (featuring the awesome, awesome Neil Patrick Harris as apparently some sort of telepathic SS officer--did I just Godwin myself?).

This association has, unfortunately, managed to trigger my tendency to get the worst possible song stuck in my head. In this instance:



From meat, to space-bugs, to NPH, to virulently insane ex-wives of Andrew Lloyd Webber. My journey is complete.

...And now I'm craving bacon. Hoist by my own petard.

No comments:

Post a Comment