20 February 2009

Friday Music Break - 02/20/09

So I've been up for three days and I'm already starting with the new features (although I guess, at this point, all features are new....)

For today's musical diversion, we're featuring the performance that jammed itself into my head on the drive in to work this morning, and won't go away. But considering it is the catchiest song in the universe (except perhaps for Lily Allen's "Fuck You"), and a very rare bit of concert footage to boot, I'm willing to give it a pass. And I think we could all use some happy New Wave songs to light a few candles these days, when our throats are hoarse from cursing that ever-loving darkness.

So I'm feeling uncommonly generous to my brain's uninvited guest. XTC, you are hereby welcome to spread out on my couch, put your feet up on my coffee table, light up a stogie and drink all my good scotch.


"Respectable Street," from URGH! A Music War. The greatest concert film of all time.

(PS: And a special Happy Birthday to L.S-A., and to my sister! Let me know when you head back into the studio! ...that last bit of course being directed at my sister.)

No comments:

Post a Comment